Itinerary in brief
Day 1 HANOI ARRIVAL – HALF DAY CITY TOUR (L/D) Day 2 HANOI FULL DAY CITY TOUR (B/L/D) Day 3 HANOI – HALONG BAY ON CRUISE (B/L/D) Day 4 HALONG BAY – HANOI -FLY TO HO CHI MINH CITY (B/ BRUNCH/D) Day 5 FULL DAY CU CHI TUNNELS AND CITY TOUR (B/L/D) Day 6 FULL DAY TOUR TO MEKONG DELTA (B/L/D) Day 7 HO CHI MINH CITY – FLY TO SIEM REAP (B/L/D) Day 8 FULL DAY TOUR TO ANGKOR TEMPLES (B/L/D) Day 9 SIEM REAP – DEPARTURE (B)
Itinerary in details
Day 1: HANOI ARRIVAL – HALF DAY CITY TOUR (L/D)
Xin chao! Welcome to Hanoi, Vietnam! Hanoi, is one of Asia’s most enchanting cities, full of culture, history and the engaging contradictions of a rapidly developing and deeply traditional society. You are greeted by your guide and driver at Noi Bai International Airport and get transferred to hotel in city center. Upon arrival, check in to hotel (Please be advised that your room will be at your disposal from 14:00 onwards).
Short break at hotel and lunch at Indian restaurant
In the afternoon, meet our tour guide at hotel and we start our discovery of the city. We first visit The Ethnology Museum which gives an excellent overview of the country’s ethnic groups, their customs and ways of life. The highlight here is the large, beautiful outdoor area featuring genuine houses and compounds as built and used by the many different ethnic groups. Next, we move on the The Old Quarter, the bustling heart of Hanoi, has been a commercial centre since King Ly Thai To built his palace there in the 11th century. Skilled craftsmen started to migrate and artisan guilds were formed on the famous ”36 Streets”. This is a place you must see to experience Hanoi, where you will find shopping and cultural / historical sites all wrapped into one.
Dinner at Indian Restaurant
Overnight in Hanoi
Day 2: HANOI FULL DAY CITY TOUR (B/L/D)
Breakfast at hotel before starting a city tour.
We first head out to the Temple of Literature. Dedicated to Confucius, it was built in the 11th century. It was the first university in Vietnam and students still come here to burn incense whenever important examinations come. We then walk along the beautiful Hung Vuong Avenue and its colonial houses to the Presidential Palace (formerly Palace of the Governor-General of French Indochina). We visit Ho Chi Minh’s house-on-stilt and the nearby One Pillar Pagoda.
After lunch you are transferred to the Old Quarter, the bustling heart of Hanoi, for a cyclo ride. Skilled craftsmen started to migrate and artisan guilds were formed on the famous ”36 Streets”. Previously, each street carried the name of the item produced and sold there, and many still have the same names so far. This is a place you must see to experience Hanoi, where you will find shopping and cultural / historical sites all wrapped into one. Located at the heart of the city, Hoan Kiem Lake is a historical site and one of the symbols of Hanoi. The picuresque Turtoise Tower stands on a small island in the middle of the lake, and Ngoc Son Temple occupies the larger island, accessible by an iconic red wooden bridge. At the end of the day, you are transferred to The Water Puppet Theatre for enjoying one of the most special Vietnamese traditional arts.
Overnight in Hanoi.
Meals: Lunch and Dinner in Indian restaurant.
Day 3: HANOI – HALONG BAY ON CRUISE (B/L/D)
This morning transfer from your hotel in Hanoi to Halong City, the drive takes about 4 hours, stopping off for a refreshment break en route.
On arrival, the junk crew welcomes you on board the cruise to explore the bay. Lunch is served on board
We will spend the rest of the day cruising around the myriad of tiny islands and exploring the many grottoes created by the wind and the waves.
Cooking demonstration on board.
Dinner on board
Overnight on board.
Day 4: HALONG BAY – HANOI -FLY TO HO CHI MINH CITY (B/ BRUNCH/D)
Early start for a Tai Chi demonstration on the sundeck; tea and coffee available.
Light breakfast will be served in the restaurant
Continue explore the Halong Bay
Back to main boat for check out: please put your baggage out to the corridor and settle your bill at reception.
Brunch is served atfer that
Arrival at habour at noontime, disembark cruise then take transfer to the airport for flight to Ho Chi Minh City
Upon arrival, get transferred to hotel
Dinner at Indian Restaurant
Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City
Day 5: FULL DAY CU CHI TUNNELS AND CITY TOUR (B/L/D)
After breakfast, meet our guide at your hotel and we start our visit to to Cu Chi Tunnels. After an introductory video, viewing various mantraps, the remains of an American tank and numerous bomb craters, you will spend the next hour exploring the maze of tunnels to see how the Viet Cong survived in this underground network.
In the afternoon visit the Reunification Palace, the home and workplace of the President of South Vietnam during the Vietnam War. The nearby Notre Dame Cathedral, was built between 1877 and 1883. Most of the materials for Saigon’s Notre Dame Cathedral were imported from France. Neo-Romanesque in form, it is a major centre of Catholicism in modern Vietnam, and one of the city’s major landmarks.
Next to the cathedral stands the Saigon Post Office, a classic French colonial structure, is still a functioning post office today and features huge ceilings, a giant portrait of Uncle Ho, and many beautiful details.
Final visit of the day is to Ben Thanh Market – an icon of the city, stands in the center of District 1. Packed to the rafters with everything from fruits to nuts, from tourist kitsch to true bargains, it is a definite must-see.
Dinner at Indian restaurant
Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 6: FULL DAY TOUR TO MEKONG DELTA (B/L/D)
– Breakfast at hotel.
– Meet our guide at hotel and we start our full day tour to Mekong delta which is locally referred as ‘the rice bowl of Vietnam. Upon arrival My Tho we visit Buddist Vinh Trang pagodaat boat pier, we start our boat trip along Mekong river and around fishing village as well as 4 Islands named Dragon, Unicorn, Turtle and Phoenix. Keep crossing Mekong river by rowing boat to small canal named Vam Xep to see daily life of local inhabitants in Ben Tre province (called coconut village).
– Next, we move to Quoi An where we will visit a bee farm, handicraft workshops. Enjoy some honey-tea and see how people make things from coconut wood and coconut shell. Taking horse-carts along country road to visit fruit orchards, enjoy seasonal tropical fruits and listen to traditional music performed by local inhabitants.
– We cruise back to the boat pier where our driver is wating to take us back to Ho Chi Minh City.
– Dinner at Indian restaurant
– Overnight in Ho Chi Minh.
Day 7: HO CHI MINH CITY – FLY TO SIEM REAP (B/L/D)
Breakfast at hotel
Free at leisure for shopping. Check out hotel at noon
Transfer to the airport for departure flight to Siem Reap
Suas’dei, welcome to the Kingdom of Wonder! You will be greeted by our hospitable guide and transferred to our hotel in town.
In the afternoon visit the War Museum which offers an insightful view of the wars in Cambodia in the last 3 decades. Among the collection displays are war machines such as tanks, jet fighter aircraft, guns, landmines and rare photographs. (An alternative option to the War Museum is the Angkor National Museum. This world class museum introducing the profound cultural landmarks of Siem Reap spreads over 20,000 sq.m and reveals the legends of the Golden Era of the Khmer Empire. The museum is a landmark providing complete facilities and recreation services for both tourists and the local community).
Enjoy dinner with Apsara dance show.
Overnight in Siem Reap
Day 8: FULL DAY TOUR TO ANGKOR TEMPLES (B/L/D)
Wake up early, have breakfast at the hotel and head out with your cameras for a day filled with amazing sights and experiences. Visit the ancient city of Angkor Thom, surrounded by an 8m high wall. Angkor Thom was the last capital of the Great Khmer Empire under the reign of Jayavarman VII. Continue to Ta Prohm Temple, unlike most other Angkor temples, has been left just it was when rediscovered: a photogenic and atmospheric maze of trees growing out of temple ruins amidst jungle surroundings, making it one of Angkor’s most popular temples with visitors.
In the afternoon take in the great Angkor Wat, a temple dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu by King Suryavarman II, who reigned between 1131 and 1150. It was constructed over a period of 30 years and is world famous for its beauty and splendor. Angkor Wat features the longest continuous bas-relief in the world, which runs along the outer gallery walls and narrates stories from Hindu mythology. In 1992 the UNESCO declared the monument and the whole city of Angkor a World Heritage Site.
In the evening you will be free to discover another kind of attraction – the local Pub Street which hosts several bars, discos and restaurants waits to be explored.
Overnight in Siem Reap
Note: Only long pants (covering the knees) and shirts (covering the shoulders) are allowed in Angkor Temple Complex.
Day 9: SIEM REAP – DEPARTURE (B)
The morning is spent to shop at the Old Market where you can find souvenirs, T-shirts, silverware, silk, wood and stone carvings, Buddhas statues, and other items. (Clients own arrangement)
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
End of service.
Destination Hotel Room Type Website Ha Noi Adamas Hanoi Hotel & Spa Superior room http://www.adamashanoihotel.com Ha Long Oriental Sails Deluxe http://www.orientalsails.com/ Ho Chi Minh City Le Duy Hotel Deluxe http://leduyhotel.vn/ Siem Reap New Riverside Hotel Superior http://www.newriversidehotel.com/
Destination Hotel Room Type Website Ha Noi May De Ville Old Quarter Hotel Deluxe http://www.maydeville.com Ha Long Bhaya Cruise Deluxe https://www.bhayacruises.com Ho Chi Minh City Bay Hotel Deluxe http://www.bayhotelhcm.com/ Siem Reap Sokha Roth Hotel Deluxe City View http://www.sokharothhotel.com/
Destination Hotel Room Type Website Ha Noi Pan Pacific Hanoi (Former Sofitel Plaza Hanoi) Deluxe Room https://www.panpacific.com Ha Long Bhaya Cruise Premium Balcony https://www.bhayacruises.com Ho Chi Minh City Grand Hotel Sai Gon Senior Deluxe City/ River View http://www.grandhotel.vn/ Siem Reap Empress Angkor Resort & Spa Superior Room www.empressangkor.com
Price in details
Tour Price Per Person in US$
Period: 01 Nov 2019 – 30 Apr 2020 (Except for peak dates)
Group 2 pax 3-4 Pax 5-6 Pax 7-9 Pax 10-12 Pax 13-14 Pax Single Surcharge Standard 843 756 657 615 601 583 +180 Superior 954 866 767 725 711 694 +294 Deluxe 1,188 1,100 1,001 959 945 918 +563
Period: 01 May 2020 – 30 Sep 2020 (Last departure dates)
Group 2 pax 3-4 Pax 5-6 Pax 7-9 Pax 10-12 Pax 13-14 Pax Single Surcharge Standard 839 751 652 610 597 579 +175 Superior 934 847 748 705 693 676 +276 Deluxe 1,101 1,013 914 872 859 837 +468
SURCHARGE FOR DOMESTIC AND REGIONAL AIRFARE (PER TICKET IN US$)
Itinerary Airfares (Economy Class) Carrier Hanoi to Saigon USD 135.00 Vietnam airlines Saigon to Siem Reap USD 175.00
Remarks: These are current rates. The airfares are subject to be changed and will be updated at time of booking and ticket issuing.
For economy class the luggage allowance is 20kg per person for check-in luggage, 7kg for cabin luggage. If you travel in business class, you benefit of 30kg per person for check-in luggage and 7kg for cabin luggage.
Tour Price Includes
– Accommodation in twin/double room with daily breakfast at the below indicated room types (see hotel category list below) (check in and check out around noontime)
– All transfers and transportation with air-con vehicles
– Overnight cruise in Halong bay with shuttle bus transfer
– Local ENGLISH speaking guides
– Boat trip as program
– All entrance fees as program
– Meals (B/L/D) (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) as indicated in the program
– 02 bottles of mineral water per person per day on bus on days of transfer and sightseeing only
– Government tax and service charge
Tour Price Excludes
– Airfares (international and domestic)
– Meals (other than mentioned in the program)
– Early check in or late check out
– Visas to Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia
– Additional transfer required due to any emergency situation
– Mineral water beyond that supplied
– Optional excursions and activities
– Items of a personal nature (Phone calls, laundry, beverages…)
– Peak season surcharges if any
– All not mentioned above
Several points to note
- The above tour prices are based on our current transportation rates. Increasing petrol rates might affect our transportation and boat fees, in which case we reserve the right to revise our current rates. If any increase should arise we will of course keep you well informed.
- Availability: Please note that if a certain hotel is not available at the time of booking, then we will gladly make alternative suggestions in the same category. We will advise you accordingly with the surcharge if any. As a result, we would highly appreciate it if you could advise us to block rooms soonest possible to guarantee the rooms and rates in period of high and peak season
- All the above points of interest are open for visit based on current updates. In case of closure for construction or any other reason, we will replace with a similar point of interest.
- Above itinerary is based on the current flight schedule. In case of flight changes, the itinerary will be changed accordingly.
- No early check in or late checkout is included except those indicated in the program. Generally, the check in time is 14.00pm and check out time is 12.00pm.
- Visas into Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia are required except for countries who have signed the visa exemption contracts. Please contact us for visa information details.
Remarks: Passport must be valid 6 months ahead since the time of departing the visited country
- Compulsory dinners on Dec 24th (Christmas), Dec 31st (New Year) and applicable public holiday event within your host country will be advised at time of booking.
Visit our website to get further information on Terms and Conditions
Download or request the 2020-21 Luxury Tailor Made brochure and travel where, when and with whom you want on a Luxury Tailor Made Journey crafted solely for you by Metanoia's unmatched experts. The destinations & experiences highlighted in this brochure showcase the limitless possibilities we can create, with activities suited to every type of traveler.
If you are searching for rich history, sumptuous cuisine, museums, shopping and pleasant surroundings. Whether you are the couple with an adventurous streak who thrives on adrenalin rushes, or the kind who loves all things quaint, or the type who just wants to relax and get pampered, or maybe a little of all the above, Metanoia Travel lets you fashion your ideal holiday — if you dream of doing it, we can make it happen.
WHY BOOK WITH US
- No-hassle best price guarantee
- Customer care available 24/7
- Hand-picked Tours & Activities
- Open and honest communications
- We never share our guests’ names and contact
- Discover the difference while travelling